Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Eggs and Sugar Cookies

*Notice the artwork on the wall...yes, Asher is the artist. First it started off with just one line on the wall, then a couple days later he found another crayon and went back to the same spot and added more color. Now, each time he finds a crayon laying around, he goes to his same spot on the wall and adds to it. Trust me--I'm not encouraging this naughty behavior, but at least the child colors in the same spot each time! Tennyson had lots of fun dying the eggs and didn't need much help this year.
Asher, on the other hand, needed lots of help, hence why he only got to dye one egg!


I love this picture!

So precious!

Boy did we have one busy Saturday before Easter. It started with a great run in the morning with one of my friends. After my run, I took Tennyson to his swim class at the YMCA. I think he must have been pretty excited about the Easter Bunny coming, because he was bouncing all over the place in the pool and wasn't listening to his swim instructor. In fact, at one point, I looked over in Tennyson's direction to suddenly find him sitting on the wall of the pool. I was a little puzzled considering the rest of his classmates were in the pool. I walked over and asked the lifeguard if everything was okay. He quickly informed me that Tennyson was having a timeout for not listening! Of course I told them to feel free to give Tennyson as many timeouts as needed since he was being such a goofball, but I also told him, "Look, I'm paying for this class, so his timeouts better not be too long!!!" Aside from last week, he's been doing a great job in swim class and we love his teacher! Anyway, (sorry, I got side-tracked) after swim class we came home and dyed Easter eggs and then made Easter sugar cookies. The Easter sugar cookies were Conan's idea! Conan made the cookie dough, helped Tennyson roll it out, and helped him with the cookie shapes. They turned out great.

1 comment:

The Schexnayders said...

What a fun day! I love the egg cookie idea!