Wednesday, August 31st, was Tennyson's first day of Kindergarten. He has been so excited to start ever since he learned he would be riding a bus to school. I've offered to drive him to school, but he REALLY wants to take the bus, so, the bus it is! The above picture is of the little ones at the bus stop. Each morning I walk with the three kiddos down our street and around the corner to the bus stop. The bus picks Tennyson up at about 8:15 in the morning and brings him back about 3:30 in the afternoon. (Yes, it's crazy, kindergarten is ALL day here!)
Tennyson boarded the bus without any hesitation. I could tell he felt quite grown up and very proud of himself. It helped that Asher kept announcing that he too wanted to ride on a bus. Anything that he gets to do, but Asher doesn't, is that more appealing to him! Of course, I imagine that is true with most siblings, right!? ha ha (Anyone notice the driver's cheesy smile?)
As soon as he boarded the bus, I jumped in my car and drove to the school to meet up with Tennyson. The bus reached the school before me so it took a little longer than planned to find Tennyson. Eventually I found him (who was quite overwhelmed and nervous by now with all the commotion going on) and gave him a big hug, and reassured him that he would have a great day. Then Asher, Eden, and I were off.
Can you tell someone was a wee bit nervous behind that adorable smile?
Tennyson had a great first day of kindergarten. He was beaming from ear to ear when he got off the bus. Someone is feeling quite big and independent these days:)
Somehow I completely forgot to take a pictue of Tennyson on his first day of kindergarten (grrr), so I managed to snap this one on his second day of school in front of our new house.
On a side note, I nearly had a panic attack when Tennyson didn't get off the bus at his bus stop after school. The bus driver was about to pull away from the bus stop when I yelled, "Wait Wait! Is there one more on the bus?" The bus driver asked for Tennyson's name and then began calling for him. After what seemed like a minute (I know it wasn't nearly that long, but it sure felt like it), Tennyson stepped off the bus. He had fallen asleep on the bus and nearly missed is stop. Poor little guy...he's just been wiped out at the end of the day.
4 comments:
Glad to hear he had a good first day at Kindergarten! And the story about him falling asleep on the bus is both hilarious and so sad...poor tired little guy. I would have had a heart attack too if my little guy wasn't walking off and the bus was leaving. Feeling anxious for Gavin's first day next Friday!
So glad he's doing non-collared shirts! And what an achievemnt--first day of kindergarten! That's too funny that he fell asleep on the bus.
Melt my heart, he fell asleep on the bus. I bet he was so tuckered out by such an exciting day.
The first thing I noticed though was Tennyson wearing a T-SHIRT!! Halleluiah! How did that happen?
I can't wait to see you all. Exactly a month away I'll be sleeping on your couch!
We're glad to hear that he's enjoying Kindergarten! How fun he gets to ride the bus - so different from California huh? I tell you Sierra, you make living back East look nice!
Post a Comment