Two Saturdays ago, we set out to see the U.S.S. Constitution (a.k.a. Old Ironsides) and Bunker Hill. We were able to see the ship two years ago when we came to Boston over Labor Day weekend, however, it was under renovation so we weren't able to tour it at that time. This time we were able to go inside! The weather was great and the kids thought the cannons were "awesome!"
Inside the U.S.S. Constitution
After touring the U.S.S. Constitution, we walked to Bunker Hill. I don't remember exactly, but there are a few hundred stairs that go to the top of the monument. I was out of breath and dying by about the 50th step! Tennyson just zipped up to the top. Asher just about made it and then decided he needed Conan to carry him the last 20 stairs or so.
A view of Boston from the top of the Bunker Hill monument.
Checking out the view.
Little Edie had it easy--she was carried to the top!
2 comments:
294 steps! Caleb wanted to count all of them when we went up, but he didn't know what to do after 100... cracked me up. We still need to check out Old Ironsides.
What a fun day trip. That's something I miss from being on the east- historical things to visit. There's not much out here in Yakima. You look so good holding a little girl. When I saw the 1st family picture I though, Yep- their family is complete.
Post a Comment