Last weekend was AMAZING! Two of my best friends from Philly (Emily and Charise) flew up here for a fun and much needed "Girls Weekend"! Emily flew in from Washington and Charise flew up from Philly.
Since Emily flew in two days earlier than Charise, the kiddos and I headed up to New Hampshire one day with Emily to Squam Lake. It was a beautiful two hour drive from Boston (technically three hours since I made a wrong turn which added an extra hour to the drive...grrrr). We ate lunch in Emily's family cabin and then headed out for a GORGEOUS hike up Rattlesnake.
(photo above: Tennyson thought this ladder that led to bunk beds was really "cool".)
Emily with my troop!
(I LOVE the silly faces these boys are making...such goons!)
The boys taking a "breather" while on our hike.
I needed a few "breathers" myself!
At the top of "Rattlesnake".
I loved this hike. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. The weather was perfect--nice and crisp with the gentlest breeze.
After our hike, we headed down to the lake for a canoe ride.
(Little Eden all ready for her first canoe ride!)
Midway through our canoe ride, Eden started to get a little restless, so I ended the ride early to feed her. Asher tagged along with me since he was nervous about the water. Tennyson, however, loved it and jumped at the opportunity to paddle out with Emily again. He thought he was hot stuff using the oar by himself. He informed me that only "responsible boys" got to have their own oar--hence why he had his own! ha ha He did a great job for a first timer.
Tennyson out with Emily.
We officially kicked off our girls weekend when Charise arrived Friday afternoon. We picked her up at the airport and headed out to dinner so we could catch up with each other. We ate at a tasty middle eastern restaurant and then hit up a few stores along Boston's famous Newbury Street.
The weekend was filled with lots of sightseeing including a day trip to Salem, a tour of the Alcott house, a stroll through Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, a walk to the Old North Bridge, and a tour of John Adams' house. We were even able to squeeze in a little trip to the Boston temple. :)
I've gotta hand it to our husbands who stayed home with our kiddos the whole weekend so we could get out "child-free" and have some fun!
Thanks sweetheart!
....
6 comments:
boy you were brave going on the canoe. looks like you had a great weekend. roni
Heaven, pure heaven! I got a good laugh when I read the post of us a the camp. Not that it matters but it was called Rattlesnake. Good memory with the Snake Rock!
Ahh... I want to go back. I've been super cranky the last few days and I'm certain an afternoon canoeing on the lake would cure it.
Maybe next summer?
So fun to read about the trip since Emi only can talk about it in her sleep now that she is back to reality and goes into convulsions when she thinks of the blissful girls weekend.
What a great time! Glad it all worked out. You give me some hope in trying to go canoeing with both our kids some day.
The canoe was a brave move! As was the hike. It looks beautiful though. And I'm totally jealous of your girls weekend.
Looks like so much fun! And little Eden...oh! Those cheeks!!
Post a Comment