One night, about three weeks ago, Tennyson and Asher were in the living room wrestling while I was cooking dinner. Suddenly I heard Tennyson scream at the top of his lungs in pain! I ran into the living room to find Tennyson on the floor doubled over in pain. Through lots of tears and crying, he told me that (while wrestling) Asher had twisted his arm backward and then either jumped or sat on it (the verdict is still out on that one!) His arm didn't appear to be broken in an obvious way, but it was very tender, was beginning to swell up, and was slightly bruised. After debating back and forth as to whether we should make a visit to the E.R., I finally decided to take Tenn in. I figured it was easier to take him then as opposed to the middle of the night if the pain worsened. I also figured since Conan was at work, he'd probably be able to use his "connections" to speed up the visit. I thought wrong! Turns out he was off-site taking an exam.
Long story short, Conan showed up after his exam. He stayed with Tenn in the E.R. while x-rays were performed. I headed home to relieve our neighbor who was watching Asher and Eden. As it turned out, no bones were broken. However, the doctor was concerned about possible growth plate damage because Tennyson would not rotate his arm a certain way for a couple days. This resulted in a full arm cast being placed on Tennyson (you can see him sporting his awesome red cast in the posts below). He wore this for one week. Then we had to head back to the doctor's office where another set of xrays were done. The doctor was still concerned about possible growth plate damage plus there was a bruise on his arm, so Tennyson was then given this handy-dandy second cast. Thankfully, it was below the elbow so he could straighten his arm this time. Also, I say "handy dandy" because this second cast was water-proof. Yep, that's right, the best $31.00 I've ever spent! He could where it in the bathtub and not have to worry about getting it wet.
It was finally taken off this past Tuesday. We are very grateful that it was just a minor injury with no broken bones. Tennyson is very happy to have full use of his arm again...so are we!
1 comment:
Sounds like the smaller, younger brother enacting his first episode of superiority to his older brother(s)! ...Just kidding Tennison!!
(Ring a bell Paul, Chris???) Asher, you can call me for advice any time! :0) Love you guys!!!
Uncle Mark
Post a Comment