Sunday, December 30, 2012

November Rewind!

I've had some problems uploading pictures to our blog, hence the bombardment of pictures suddenly!
 
We kicked off November by celebrating my Tennyson's 7th birthday!!  He wanted a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party this year, and I was all for it! That meant I didn't have to cook for a bunch of kids, didn't have to buy a bunch of party favors and plan party games, didn't have to decorate AND I came home to a clean house afterwards!  Definitely a 'win-win' for all!   
 
Tenn invited his two best friends, Sebastian (left) and Ezra (behind Tenn).  Of course, Asher and Eden tagged along too.



The next afternoon we held our little traditional family party and celebrated some more. Tenn wanted a chocolate cake with red frosting (it turned out pink...needed more red food coloring!) and lots of candy on it! Asher decorated one half and Tenn the other.

Present Time!!!

Tenn is quite the Angry Birds fan!

Eden immediately found a great use for it.

Tenn received a giant magnet set from Grandma Walker (one of the many gifts she sent back here),

Angry Bird flingers from Conan and me,

a 'bow-and-aarow' set from Grandma and Grandpa Parke and LOTS of other goodies as well.

The finished product!

Happy 7th Birthday my sweet sweet Tenn-o!

Later in the month, Eden wore this adorable dress to church one Sunday that my Aunt Roni made for her.  She looked pretty darn cute in it.  She would have worn the froggy rainboots (hand-me-downs from Tennyson and Asher) to church if I had let her.
 
We kicked of Thanksgiving Day by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade; one of my favorite traditions from when I was a kid.  The kids loved looking at the HUGE parade balloons.  Here are they are dancing in circles with excitement.

Our Kosher turkey!!  We invited two of Conan's co-residents and their spouses to our house for Thanksgiving dinner.  One couple is Jewish and asked if it would be possible to cook a Kosher turkey.  We said, "Sure"!  I, of course, immediatley began asking friends how one cooks a Kosher turkey.  Turns out it is easier than I thought.  I just had to make sure not to mix any dairy products with the meat.  Finding Kosher margarine was a little harder than I thought (one wouldn't think so given that we live on the East Coast), but four stores later--I found it!! 
**I meant to take a picture of our Thanksgiving dinner, but completely forgot...grrr

My mom picked out this festive autumn fabric, and my Aunt Carol sewed matching aprons for myself, Eden and her little doll. 

We have the best landlords EVER!  They have been so kind to our family.  Linda (our landlord) made this beautiful floral arrangement for our Thanksgiving table.  It was gorgeous.

We took advantage of the long Thansgiving weekend with Daddy home.  We made sure he didn't have too much free time on his hands.  hahaha! Asher kept Conan company while he put up our Christmas lights. 

No comments: