Monday, July 20, 2009
New York and Wicked!
My sweet husband watched the boys all day Saturday so I could spend the day in New York with my friends Alyson and Kelsey. We had a blast. We woke up bright and early and caught a train to New York. The first thing we did was ride a ferry around Liberty Island and Ellis Island. We had a great view of the Statue of Liberty. After the ferry ride we went to Central Park and ate lunch on the grass. It was a gorgeous day. The weather was perfect. Before leaving, we enjoyed a horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park. Next we went to the MET. I know I am not the art enthusiast that many of my family members are, but I still had a great time. I particularly enjoyed viewing the art by many of the well known artists. Afterwords, we ate dinner at a wonderful Italian restaurant before heading to the Gershwin Theatre to see Wicked. Wicked was amazing. By the time it ended it was close to 11 pm so we headed back to the train station, but not before I got to flag down my first taxi cab. Boy was that exciting. Flagging it down was the fun part--riding in it was terrifying. By the time we got home it was 2:30 am. I was dead tired, but again, my wonderful husband took the boys in the morning so I could sleep a few extra hours. I love you Conan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That looks like so much fun. I'm glad you guys got to experience that together. I miss all the friends in Philly!
What a great trip through New York. It sounds like a very memorable day and I'm so glad you got to see WICKED! Wasn't it fantastic?! I love all your pictures, too!
So jealous!!! I love NYC! How sweet of Conan to stay with the kids for the whole day. Pictures were great!
Sounds fabulous!
Post a Comment