Monday, September 14, 2009

Tennyson's First Day of Preschool

Getting his haircut for the big day.
Tennyson was a little grumpy in this picture holding his super-hero backpack.



Today was Tennyson's first day of preschool. He goes to preschool at Faith Lutheran Church. Tennyson did really well--I was the one that had a hard time. I was worried Tennyson would cry when it was time to say goodbye especially when the little girl standing in front of us had to be pried off her mom's leg! Not Tennyson. He took the teacher's hand and walked right into his classroom without a tear. I, on the other hand fell apart after I gave him a kiss on the cheak and said goodbye. I know...I'm a basketcase. When asked what he learned today, he said, "Nothing." "Really?" I asked. "Nothing. But I had a snack. I got pretzels!" That was the highlight of the day for him. I'm really happy for Tennyson. I know he is going to have a great time and really enjoy playing with his new friends.

7 comments:

The Schexnayders said...

Yea!!! He did great then... Im so happy that you both made it through the big day!

Blair and Angela Jolley said...

Yay for Tennyson! Just another milestone that brings tears to our eyes. Your little boy is defnately growing up.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

How exciting! Hope this year of school goes good for both of you!

dan and linds said...

Way to go Tennyson! What a big boy! I would have cried too :) Sounds like preschool is so much fun for him!

Shilowe said...

Aww--Tennyson looks so grown up with his new haircut and backpack. I'm sure he'll have tons of fun at his new school. :)

Patty Sampson said...

WOW! I am so proud of him! And I am proud of you for waiting till the car to cry. I think that was very brave too. :)

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm glad that Tennyson was able to let go and have fun in Preschool. Sometimes it's harder on us. I had a hard time letting go when Miriam started school. It feels like you're not needed anymore, but it's also nice to know they're adjusted enough that they can move forward with you in the background.