This recipe is from Conan's dad's cousin's wife. Whew--did you get all that! She is a wonderful cook. I made this last week and it came out so tasty that I thought I'd share it with the rest of you. Enjoy!
Cut a cheap cut of roast (bottom round is good) into stew-size pieces or buy stew meat. Brown the pieces (I do it in the oven at 450 for about 20-25 mins).
Peel potatoes and chunk into stew-size stew pieces
Same for carrots
Chop 1 onion
In a covered pan make two layers of:
Meat
Onion
Potatoes
Carrots
Then pour the following mixture over all:
2 cans mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can tomato soup
1 pkg. au jus powdered mix
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
1-1 1/2 soup cans of water
Seal tightly and bake in oven at 325 for 4-5 hours, or (if you want to put it in the oven in the morning and let it cook all day) at 250 for 8-10 hours.
1 comment:
Yummm... sounds delicious! I'll have to try it! When I start cooking again :)
Post a Comment