I flew home for the weekend to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday with her. It was wonderful. The weekend was filled with lots of family time, good food, partying, and my favorite--late night slumber parties with my grandma. Since every bed in the house was full, I got to share the bed with her. We had fun chatting and were even told we were being too loud!
A birthday sign was made that said "Happy Birthday Queen." Each family member was assigned a letter from the saying to decorate. I was given letter T. My letter represents some of my grandma's interests and memories as well as memories I have made with her.
This was one of my favorite things at the party. My Uncle Mark made this poster titled Ninety Years of Beautiful Women. For 1980, there's a picture of Madonna, for 1990 he attached a photo of Pamela Anderson, for 2000 he added a picture of Angelina Jolie, and for 2010 he enlarged a picture of my grandma!!! Is she a hottie or what?!?!
4 comments:
I am glad you enjoyed yourself and your Grandma looks like she had such a great time.
awwhhh...so cute! what a special day and a sweet lady. i'm so glad you got to go for the party. i love the banner you all made for her- that is such a cute idea and super thoughtful!
Your grandma is SO cute!!! And you have such beautiful family members. I'm so glad you got to go to this very special birthday party. That birthday banner is awesome! And Tennyson's sign is super cute, too. :)
I love the idea of the banner for your grandma. I'm so glad you had such a great time with all of your family.
Post a Comment