Monday, August 16, 2010

Waterfalls, Sand Castles & Mt. Vernon

We have been trying to make the best out of our last few weeks here in Philly. Two weeks ago we went with our friends, the Schexnayders, to Bushkill Falls for the day. Bushkill Falls is about two hours north of us. It was a little muggy out, but other than that, the weather was perfect, the hike was absolutely beautiful, and the boys had a blast. Tennyson and his buddy, Ayden, had a great time finding bugs along the trail while Asher enjoyed his ride on Conan's back.



We even had time to squeeze in some paddle boat fun. Asher was too young to go on the paddle boat so I stayed on shore with him while Conan took Tennyson out.

Next on our list was Belmar Beach, NJ. Tennyson LOVED the water and was in it the entire time we were there. Here he is with his friend, Ayden. Asher enjoyed playing in the sand mostly, but finally "manned up" and stuck his toes in the water for a little while.



There was also a sand castle contest going on at the beach as well. I thought this sand castle turned out pretty neat.

Last but not least, we managed to sqeeze in one more trip to D.C. the weekend before last. We enjoyed visiting with Conan's brother and his family as well as a nice day trip President George Washington's estate, Mt. Vernon. What an amazing place. In the above picture, Tennyson is looking at some baby pigs at Mt. Vernon.

Front view of Mt. Vernon.

Back view of Mt. Vernon.

And this is George Washington's "backyard" at Mt. Vernon. Such an amazing view of the Potomac River.

President George Washington's tomb.
It's hard to believe that we only have 11 days left here in Philly. As much as I am looking forward to being with family again in California, we are sure going to miss Philadelphia. We have met so many great people here and have really grown closer together as a family since moving here three years ago. It has been a great adventure!

3 comments:

The Schexnayders said...

We are going to miss you guys too. Its going to be hard to adjust to you not being around! I hope we will see each other in Cali soon!

dan and linds said...

Wow, you guys are leaving soon! It sure looks like you've been having fun during the time you have left. That waterfall is beautiful, and the beach looks wonderful! Mt. Vernon is one of my favorite places, but I haven't been in years. I love those family pictures, your boys are too darn cute! Tennyson's face while looking at the pigs is perfect! I'm so glad we ended up in Philly at the same time together so that I was able to get to know you! We miss you guys!

Shilowe said...

What fun places to visit! The pictures of Belmar made me miss the beach! Your boys are growing so fast and getting cuter and cuter! We sure miss you guys!