Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Catch-Up

So much has happened since my last blog entry! I would have blogged sooner, but I have been missing my camera cord to upload images ever since we moved. Well, two months later, we finally found it and so I am going to try and play "catch-up"!

Before we moved there was just one more place I really wanted to visit in Philly and that was LOVE Park in Center City. Here we are in front of the infamous LOVE sign (Asher wasn't feeling the love in this picture).

Then, back at our apartment, it was getting down to the nitty gritty with packing. The boys loved playing on the shelves of our empty bookcase
and they loved running around in our moving truck before we started loading it up!

One last shot in front of our apartment (does it look like we could be any happier to be leaving? Even the kids are all smiles!)

And of course a picture by the sign of our apartment complex.

Then, just 12 days later after moving back to L.A. Tennyson started school! He has really been enjoying the Pre-Kindergarten class he is in. He attends M-F from 8:50 - 1:50. Next year he will begin Kindergarten. Both boys, but especially Tennyson, did an amazing job adjusting to all the new things that came flying at them when they moved here. Tennyson had to adjust to a new school and new friends, they had to adjust to living in a new house (their Grandma and Grandpa Parke's home), Tennyson joined a soccer team a week after moving here, and of course, the boys had to adjust to Conan being gone the entire month of September. All in all, they handled it just beautifully...better than I did!

Tennyson isn't a huge fan of soccer (we definitely won't be signing up for it next season), but he sure loves snack time! His team name is The Jets.

On September 18th Asher turned two! We had a little family party at my grandparents house. He loved opening his presents and eating cupcakes.

This walking horse was one of his favorite presents. He played with it constantly for about a week until he decided to let it walk off the kitchen table at which it broke it's leg. Even Daddy, being the podiatrist he is, couldn't fix this injury!

Happy Birthday to Asher!

Then it was time for Tennyson's birthday. We celebrated Tennyson's 5th birthday about two weeks early while Conan was still in town (now he's in Philly for the month of November). This was one spoiled boy!

He loves his new bike!

Happy Birthday Tennyson!

Last but not least, we celebrated my dad's 60th Birthday! Happy Birthday Dad! We love you tons!!!
***Halloween Pictures coming soon!

3 comments:

dan and linds said...

Wow, you guys had a VERY busy summer! Asher is two already??? I wouldn't believe it, except he looks SO big in those pictures! Tennyson is such a champ handling so many huge changes so well. I hope November flies by for you, I know it's hard to have your hubby gone. Will he get to stay closer to home after he finishes this month? I miss you guys SO much!!!

Shilowe said...

I love the pic of your boys on the bookshelf. LOL! They are so cute and growing SO fast! I can't believe Asher is 2 now! And Tennyson looks so grown-up in his school picture. I hope all goes well for you all during this final year of med school. :)

emily a. said...

I'm so bad. I missed both of their birthdays. I'm sorry. I miss you guys so much and can't wait to show Sage new pictures tomorrow when she wakes up of you guys.