
Busted--I caught Tennyson sneaking a piece of candy!!
I was inspired to buy a pre-made gingerbread house after seeing pictures of the one my friend, Shilowe, posted on her blog that her boys made. It seemed easy enough: arrange the pre-made gingerbread house sidings, slap the frosting on, let it dry for fifteen minutes, then decorate the house. Pretty simple, huh? NOT!!

Our gingerbread house before the great collapse!

Conan quickly took a picture while it was still intact.

Goofy Asher who gobbled as much candy as he could while decorating the house.

Tennyson also gobbled quite a bit of candy! I admit, I sneaked a few pieces too when the boys weren't looking!

And then, just like that, our little gingerbread house met it's great demise! Tennyson wasn't too disappointed. He just wanted to eat as much candy off the house as he could! Conan and I got a good laugh as we repeatedly likened it to Edgar Allan Poe's
, The Fall of the House of Usher.
Thanks for the fun idea, Shilowe! I better just stick to the sugar cookies we usually bake each year. Maybe I can talk Tennyson's Aunt McKel into making homemade gingerbread houses when she comes home for Christmas this year! (Just kidding McKel...don't have a heart attack. We are planning on sugar cookies again!!)
2 comments:
Our gingerbread houses ALWAYS fall!!! They dont tell you that on the box!
LOL! Our roof kept falling down too, so we put two little cups under it to keep it up. At least your boys weren't sad about it falling though. It looks like you made a fun family memory, none the less. :)
Post a Comment