Asher was obsessed with this large stuffed dog and wouldn't let it out of his sight the entire evening!
My mom surprised me with a brand new sewing machine!! I've been wanting to learn how to sew for quite some time, so now, I have no excuses! I've already used it a few times (thanks to my sister-in-law, Cheryl, for getting me started) and have made a few burp cloths for the baby to use. I thought it'd be smart to stick with something simple. So far so good. I haven't broken a needle yet (which I did a few times on my friends' sewing machine and on my sister-in-laws) nor sworn at the machine yet! So, I'd say we are off to a great start. I'll post pictures of my first few sewing projects soon. Anyway...
Mom mom made these fleece blankets for us as well that are so incredibly soft!
Asher received a bowling set and lots of other goodies as well.Then, just one week later it was Christmas day! When the boys woke up, Tennyson immediately remembered that Santa had come. While I was getting the video camera ready, he was DYING to go downstairs! He could hardly contain his excitement. Finally we let the kiddos loose and they rumaged through their stockings and stared and stared at their new basketball hoop that Santa brought them. (I think Santa better practice his penmanship between now and next Christmas, otherwise, I think some little one by the name of Tennyson is going to recognize the handwriting next year!)

Santa brought Asher this "ruff" that he asked for.
Tennyson asked Santa for this Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash set. Well, he received it, only it wasn't from Santa. I forgot on two separate occaisions that it was in the trunk of our car until Tennyson saw it there both times and asked with excitement if it was for him. Both times I said it was for one of his friends' birthday party that was coming up. Finally I moved it to our bedroom closet thinking it would be safe there. Not quite! Twice I left the closet door open and Tennyson saw it and once again inquired about it. I finally told Conan that the gift can no longer be from Santa, so it ended up coming from us. Tennyson LOVED receiving it and thought it was so funny that I "tricked" him all along into thinking it was for one of his friends!
Playing with their new basketball hoop.
Tennyson was quite pleased that Santa remembered to bring him the How to Train Your Dragon dvd.
Conan must have been pretty good this year too. He received a kindle!!
Tennyson wrote this all by himself. I started to help him spell out 'daddy', but he insisted on doing it on his own. I'd say he did a pretty good job!
Asher received one of his favorite books 'The Caboose Who Got Loose.' We checked this out from the library a few months ago, and Asher immediately fell in love with it. He was sad when I had to return it to the library and asked for it again several times. So, on to the Amazon website I went and I ordered him his very own copy! He loves reading it with his Grandpa Parke.
Tennyson gave me this purse which I absolutely love...
Christmas evening we headed over to my grandmother's house where we met up with my dad and sisters. The boys were so excited to receive their pillow pets from their Grandpa Stillians and their Aunt Shelby and Aunt Katie. When Tennyson opened his, he exclaimed, "I've ALWAYS wanted one!!" Tennyson received an elephant pillow pet. These were the best pictures I could get of the boys with their new pillow pets. They were so excited about it, they wouldn't even stand still for a picture!
Asher received a dog pillow pet. Are you starting to notice a theme to Asher's gifts?? The child is obsessed with dogs!
We had a woderful Christmas and feel so blessed to have received so much. More importantly, we are so thankful for the time we had to spend with so many friends and family members.

4 comments:
A sewing machine? I'm so excited for you! You look fantastic Sierra. How many weeks are you now?
I'm calling you this week now that I'm finally back. I am starting potty training tomorrow morning though so it might be later on this week when I come out of hibernation in the land of pee/poo. Wish me luck... I'm nervous.
My kids love pillow pets too. I saw a deal in California where Ross had them for 16 bucks but I had no way of getting them back to Philly so I didn't get them. After Christmas Max told me, "Mami I think Santa forgot to bring us pillow pets." I felt terrible! Anyway I'm glad you had a good Christmas!
What a wonderful Christmas!!! That tag Tennyson wrote, to "DADEE" is seriously the cutest thing in the world. I love that purse he got you, what good taste! It looks like your boys will be busy having fun with all those great presents. Oakley is obsessed with How to Train Your Dragon, she begs me to watch it everyday. And you got a sewing machine! Can't wait to see your projects, you are so talented! Thanks for posting all these pictures, I loved seeing your Christmas!
Nice gifts! Okay Sierra, I've been wanting to learn how to sew for a while now, so once you learn you'll have to teach me!
Post a Comment