Tuesday, January 18, 2011

L.A. Zoo and Aquarium of the Pacific

A few days after Christmas the boys and I went to the zoo with all the Parke cousins and aunts and uncles and of course, with Grandma and Grandpa Parke. Conan wasn't able to make it--he was stuck at home with the flu!

On the tram with the boys at the zoo.
A few days later, Conan was feeling much better and was able to join us at the Aquarium of the Pacific. The boys had such a great time with all their cousins. They ran around all over the place and loved looking at all the sea creatures.

At the stingray touch tank.


We tried and tried to get this shot with a big shark in the background, but between the shark not cooperating and Tennyson being in a bad mood, we gave up! ha ha

Tennyson really surprises me sometimes! I thought he'd be too nervous and scared to want to hold these Lorikeets, but I was absolutely wrong! He LOVED them! I, on the other hand, didn't hold one--not because I was scared, but because I didn't want one pooping on my new jacket! They were relieving themselves all over the place!

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Parke for two fun-filled days at the zoo and aquarium!

4 comments:

The Schexnayders said...

What fun! I miss going out and doing fun things like that with you guys. Ayden is really missing Tennyson right now and talks about him often. I want to see a belly pic of you soon!

Patty Sampson said...

So fun! I am glad you guys get to see such fun things. :) And your boys are getting so tall! I had to smile seeing Tennyson in the first picture because Carter has the same shirt. :) I feel even more of a connection seeing that. Love you!

dan and linds said...

Wow, it looks so warm and sunny there, lol! I can't wait for it to be sunny enough for sunglasses here! Aquariums are so much fun, kids always love them, and so do I :) How awesome that those birds were so friendly, and way to go Tennyson, so brave!

I cannot believe how big Asher is getting. I actually thought Conan was holding Tennyson in that second picture, until I looked at his face, and was like, wait, that's Asher, how can he be so tall already?? By the way, you look so great, Sierra!!

Dan actually made the wooden train table. It was super easy (Dan is not handy, AT ALL, and he was still able to pull it off, haha!) He just googled it and found a pattern online to follow. It's pretty much the first thing he's ever built.

tracie said...

How fun! That picture of Tennyson and you guys in front of the shark tank is great! Ha!