This past Thursday (February 3rd) we drove up to Vegas with Conan's parents for a mini-weekend ski trip (don't worry--I didn't ski). We stayed at Conan's brothers house and then drove to a little ski resort called Mt. Charleston about an 1 1/2 hours away. I must admit, it's not much of a resort. They had three lifts--one for the bunny hill, one for the main mountain that had only two runs going down on either side, and one lift for the snowboarders. Still it was just perfect for Tennyson and his cousins. This was Tennyson's first time skiing and he LOVED it. He skied the entire first day and half of the second. Snowplowing (or as modern lingo would have it--making a pizza) was a little tricky for him so he pretty much spent the day either skiing in between Conan's legs (which was hard on Conan's back) down the hill or holding his hand and skiing to the side of Conan. We weren't too pushy--just wanted the little guy to have a good time with it, which, he did!


After skiing, Tennyson played in the snow with Asher and his cousin, Carter.


Little Asher all bundled up.

Since Conan, myself, and Uncle Christian were too tired to take the kids sledding after skiing, we lured them into the car by promising them donuts when we got home. I think it's safe to say this was a compromise everyone was happy with!

The next night, I was thrilled to have a chance to hang out with one of my best friends from Philly. My friend, Charise, and her son, Ayden, just so happened to fly into Vegas the last night we were there. We got together for dinner and had fun catching up with each other. Tennyson and Ayden were pretty good buds in Philly.
4 comments:
Go Tennyson!!! It looks like you guys have been busy having lots of fun! We are probably heading down to LA this May, so we'll HAVE to get together! Of course, it might have to be in the hospital :)
I'm still jealous but I loved seeing the picture of you all together. Tennyson has been doing so awesome- I can't believe he's skiing so well. Way to go buddy!
You look great Sierra.
How fun! That's great that Tennyson enjoyed skiing. We need to get together again soon!
How fun! I had no idea there were ski mountains anywhere near Vegas! Tennyson looks so cute on those little ski's!
Post a Comment