Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Since Tennyson didn't have school yesterday (Valentine's Day) we decided to take the kiddos to Knott's Berry Farm! We enjoyed our traditional Valentine's Day breakfast the day before V-Day since we had to wake up bright and early for our day at Knott's.


We also made Valentine sugar cookies V-Day Eve and then delivered them to friends and family. Conan was the official "froster", Tennyson was the official "decorator", and Asher was the official "cookie taster"! I, of course, was the "documentor!" Ha ha



Tennyson and Snoopy

The airplane ride was by far Asher's favorite ride.

Tennyson and Sierra

Asher discovered this fire hydrant while Tennyson was off on a ride. He loved touching it and kept trying to climb on top of it. He has developed quite an interest in fire hydrants thanks to the book, "Pickles, The Fire Cat" that he likes to read with his Grandpa Parke.


Since I could only go on three rides in the entire park, Conan was the designated parent to accompany the kiddos on most of their rides. Grandpa Parke stepped up and went on a few kiddie rides when Conan needed a break! I wasn't sure Conan would be able to get off some of the rides after seeing how he had to wedge himself into some of the seats!! Ha ha. He looks just a wee bit cramped in this photo!

When we returned from Knott's Berry Farm, Tennyson and Asher followed two trails of Hershey Kisses that led to their Valentine goody bags. I think the kids enjoyed following their Hershey Kiss trails more than going through their Valentine goody bags when they had found them.



Happy Be-lated Valentine's Day everyone!

2 comments:

Shilowe said...

What a fun mom you are Sierra! It's clear that your boys are very loved! :)

tracie said...

Too cute! I love the trail of chocolate ideas. And your cookies were very good, thank you for the delivery!