Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Baby Shower for Our Baby-Girl-To-Be

My sister, Shelby, hosted an amazing baby shower for me on Saturday at one of my favorite restaurants--The Marmelade Cafe. Everything turned out absolutely wonderful and of course, the best part was being with many of my family members and close friends! Shelby special-ordered a cookie for me from one of our favorite bake shops in downtown Manhattan Beach. It was in the shape of a baby carriage--super cute! I should have taken a picture of the cookie itself, but I think I devoured it within 10 minutes of bringing it home. :) Boy, was it scrumptious!
Aren't these the cutest little favors? Shelby assembled these too!
My sister, Shelby.
L to R: Conan's mom (Lana), me, my mom (Linda), and my aunt, Carol.
L to R: My aunt (Heidi), my beautiful grandmother (Marjorie), me, and my cousins Chanel and Carly.
My aunt, Gloria, and myself.
My Aunt Carol won the game where you had to guess how big around my belly is using string!
My family and friends spoiled our little baby girl with LOTS and LOTS of gifts! I'd now say her wardrobe is well established for the next two years! My aunt tried to get pictures of each gift I opened, but we missed a few...here are the ones we captured...
A cute little nightgown from my grandma. My grandma and I LOVE our jammies, so odds are our little one too! :)
I just love the little sunhat that goes with this little white ruffled romper.
And, um, let's just say I can't wait to put her in dresses!!!!!
I LOVE baby clothes with strawberries and polka dots on them, and well, this one has both!
I can't wait to put her in this sun dress too. Isn't it so cute???
Every little girl needs her own Hawaiian outift!
Another super cute dress and a rockin-out onesie that says 'Little Sister' on it. I love them!
My Aunt Carol made her blessing dress for the day at church when Conan gives her a special Father's blessing. She made the cutest bonnet to go with it (which Shelby is sporting in the picture below--what a weirdo!)
Shelby is thinking about going Amish! ha ha ha
My mom and me.
My gorgeous grandma and me (doesn't she look amazing for being almost 91 years young??)


**Darcy, Tracie, Brittany, Romina, and Aunt Roni--ummmm, how is it possible that I didn't get any pictures of you guys?? I'm so bummed. I thought I got everyone. Okay, girlies, the next time you are all over, we need a group shot of us. And, Roni, when I see you next we need a picture together. You all have to make it into her baby scrapbook!!! Sorry I was such a lame-o and forgot!!


Thanks for coming everyone and for making it such a fun day. I love each and every one of you and am so grateful you are all a part of my life and soon-to-be a part of our baby girl's life (who still doesn't have a name! Ugh!)

5 comments:

The Schexnayders said...

Sierra you look so beautiful! Your hair is getting long, it looks really nice. I wish I could have been at your baby shower... it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Miss you like crazy and cant wait to see you in Boston!

dan and linds said...

How fun, Sierra! I wish I could have been there too, and I agree, your hair looks beautiful! You make pregnancy look good! I really cannot believe your grandma is 91, she sure doesn't look it! And she definitely passed those genes on to you. I finally got my tickets to come to LA! I'll be there from the 19th of April to the 3rd of May, so if there's a time that work for you in there, I'd love to come see you! For some reason I thought you were having your c-section on the 29th, did I make that up or is it true? That would be so awesome if I were still there in time to come see you and your little one in the hospital!

Doug and Mallena said...

What a great baby shower! Your family and friends look like a lot of fun. No wonder they all love you so much, you fit right in. I love all of the clothes your darling daughter will be sporting. Thanks for posting all the pictures. I'm totally jealous that you'll be able to see Lindsay soon, but hopefully you two will have an amazing time!

emily a. said...

It doesn't seem right for anyone else to throw you a baby shower- it supposed to be us Philly girl's job. It wasn't Philly style though- too nice for that. They did such a great job and I want that white outfit. It looks so cute. The blessing dress is so beautiful- that's such a sweet gift.

You look fantastic Sierra. Thanks for your call today, I was attempting to nap. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

tracie said...

It was fun! Baby Girl is going to be dressed so cute!!!

Your sister did a great job and the one bite of the cookie that Adam let me have, was yummy!