Saturday, April 16, 2011

Beach Day in April!

With a high temperature of 85 degrees today, we couldn't pass up a trip to the beach! We packed up the kiddos and some snacks and headed on down. Embarrassingly, this was only Tennyson and Asher's second time to the beach since we moved back home in August! The kids had such a great time that I couldn't help but wish I had taken them down sooner (it's only a 10 minute drive from our house). I had high hopes of taking the kids to the beach several times as soon as we moved back. I was looking forward to sharing one of my favorite pastimes with them, but as soon as we moved back, I found out I was pregnant and felt too miserable to go during my first trimester, then fall and winter came and I was just lazy and it was too chilly. However, now that Conan is back from Philadelphia and done with all his rotations, I am starting to enjoy doing these fun outings again! When you are 9 months pregnant, it makes all the difference in the world to have your husband around to help! The boys had SO much fun running around and splashing in the water! I know we will be sure to hit the beach a few more times before heading to Boston. Asher loved playing with his sand toys while he built up the courage to head down to the water.


Someone finally decided to brave the water as long as he could hold Daddy's hand.




Tennyson has always LOVED the water. Today was no different.






By the end of our little beach outing, Asher was feeling pretty brave by the water and even let go of Conan's hands. What a goofball!!

7 comments:

emily a. said...

That's it, we need to skype. I just saw your post and showed the pictures to Sage and she couldn't remember your boys. I about cried.

The day got away from me again- Ryan was working so my 'free' time was limited and the girls didn't nap so I didn't get a chance to call. Sorry. I will call you tomorrow.

You look fantastic Sierra. I want a full side shot to see how big that belly is.

Darcy said...

We went to the beach today too!!! Wasn't it beautiful out? We'd love to join you guys next time you go, I know the boys would all have so much fun together there. We have spring break all next week so let me know if there's a day that works for you. If not, you and I will still need to plan on a girl's night out, but soon because aren't you due in just over a week???!!! Maybe that won't work for you after all. Well, anyways glad to see that you guys had a awesome time at the beach all together....glad Conan is home now! I'll call you!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Soooo jealous! That looks like a wonderful way to spend your time! And Sierra you look amazing for being 9 months! Your boys are getting so big!

Patty Sampson said...

So fun!! And your little belly is so cute too! I love the beach, and I am so glad you get to share it with the boys. :)

mallena said...

Looks like a great outing! Maybe Asher's dislike for the water stems from that fact that he's a Philadelphia baby, not a California beach bum baby. :) You captured some really great pictures. I NEVER look good with a camera that close to my face, but here you are, nine months pregnant, and that picture of you is adorable. Life is so unfair! ;) You look fantastic! I can't wait to see your beautiful baby girl!

Fox&Bear said...

They are all adorable :)

Brittany said...

Give us a call next time you head down the beach---we love going too!! And why isn't that baby here yet??? Tell her to hurry it up!