Sunday, April 14, 2013

Let the Easter Festivities Begin!

Eden with one of her favorite buddies--Isaac! They are one month apart in age.
The Friday before Easter we headed over to our church for a bicycle Easter parade for the kids followed by a huge Easter egg hunt.  I almost didn't take the kiddos as I was still on crutches and was fairly certain Eden would do her best to run away from me and I wouldn't be able to catch her.  And...well...she did run away from me lots of times, but thankfully my friends helped catch her each time!  That is one of HER favorite games.  The kids had SO much fun being outdoors.  Thank goodness spring is finally here.    
(Asher looks so big to me in this picture.)

Tennyson met this boy at the Easter parade/egg hunt.  They are about the same age and enjoyed riding their bikes together.

We were planning on staying for the 'post-egg hunt picnic', but I was exhausted from being on crutches during the entire thing and Eden was getting tired, so I opted to make one of the best parenting decisions ever:  I let my children stuff their little mouths full of candy on the ride home so Eden would stay awake and not fall asleep in the car.  I put her down for a nap as soon as we were home, popped on a movie for the boys, and then took a nap myself.  Yep, one of my best parenting moments thus far.  Don't worry...I fed them a healthy lunch at about 3pm:)

Later that evening it was time to dye Easter eggs.

Asher was really 'into' dying eggs this year.  In fact,  he had his 12 eggs nearly dyed just as Tennyson was beginning to dye his first egg!

Asher with his eggs.

Eden loved plopping ('throwing' may be a better adjective) her eggs into the dye.


Tenn posed himself for this picture--love it!

Another successful Easter egg dying session completed! No casualities to report...unless you count all the eggs Eden mangled!
Love these three kiddos! 

1 comment:

emily a. said...

I'm loving your walls of artwork! You've got quite the artists at that house.

That bike parade sounds like so much fun and you are brave taking them on crutches. How much longer will you be using them?