Waaayy back in November (it's been months since I last blogged!) Tennyson turned 8 years old! I still can't get over how big he is getting. Tenn's party was at our local YMCA. He was able to invite 20 of his closest buds and spent the afternoon shooting hoops in the gym, playing floor hockey, and bouncing in their HUGE bounce house. Once the kids were sufficiently wiped out from all their running around, we celebrated with cake and ice cream and opened presents!
Tenn chose a baseball themed cake which I thought was appropriate since the Red Sox won the World Series this year!!
At home, we had a small family party for Tenn too. Here he is with all his birthday loot. His favorite gift by far was his 2014 Guiness Book of World Records from Conan (which of course I picked out--why do the dads always get all the credit??!! haha)
Tenn wanted a chocolate cake with lizards on it!
| L to R: Asher, Tennyson, Grandpa Parke, Eden, Grandma Parke |
Shortly after we celebrated Tennyson's 8th birthday, Grandma and Grandpa Parke flew in for Tennyson's baptism and to spend Thanksgiving with us. Turning 8 in our church is a much anticipated and exciting time as it is when children are able to be baptized. Before we headed over to the church for Tennyson to get baptized, Grandma and Grandpa Parke presented Tenn with this white towel with a CTR shield on it (stands for 'Choose the Right') along with his name and baptism date on it. He loved it and used it to dry off after he was baptized. Grandma Walker also sent him a very sweet card with of course $$$ which Tenn was ecstatic about!
Family picture right before the big event! (love Eden's expression)
After Tenn was baptized, we came home and gave him a couple of special gifts. He received his very first set of two neckties and his first set of 'real' scriptures!
We went out to dinner to 'Friendly's' per Tennyson's request:)
Our golden-brown scrumptious Thanksgiving Day turkey.
Sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner.
2 comments:
You are fibbing... Tennyson is and will always be 5 years old. Wow, he's so grown up and mature looking. You guys are much cooler parents than I'll ever be. I don't know my girls will ever have a party with 20 friends.
I can't believe how big the kids are! Congrats to Tennyson too! We will be seeing your dad this weekend for my family pictures! :)
Post a Comment