Saturday, April 11, 2009

Yummy!

Since all my friends seem to be posting new recipes on their blog, I thought I'd go ahead and post a couple too. I made the Pork Roast with Peach Sauce last night for dinner and it was wonderful! It's definitely a keeper. Oh, and here is Tricia's BLT salad recipe from Mom and Tots that I promised you all. Thanks Tricia!

Pork Roast with Peach Sauce

1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds, tied)
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 can (15 1/4 ounces) sliced peaches in heavy syrup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
cooked egg noodles, optional

1. Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place roast into slow cooker; season with onion salt and black pepper.
2. Drain peaches, reserving the syrup. In a bowl, whisk syrup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and pumpkin pie spice. Pour over meat; scatter peach slices over the roast.
3. Cook 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
4. Remove meat and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Spoon out peach slices and reserve. Place liquid in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds until sauce thickens.
5. To serve, slice meat and scatter peaches over the top. Serve with sauce on the side and egg noodles, if desired.


BLT Salad-From Tricia Molen

1 tomato, chopped
1 head lettuce, shredded
1 ham steak, cut into little cubes
croutons
Ranch dressing packet (make into salad dressing)
6-8 slices bacon, crumbled
1 box spiral pasta
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook pasta until tender. Drain and mix pasta with remaining ingredients. Serve. It's that easy!!!

3 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

Yummy is right! I am excited to try the Peach Pork Chops. Thanks for posting this!!

emily a. said...

You know I always love a new good recipe. Thank you!

mallena said...

These both sound great. Thanks for sharing them.