
We drove down to D.C. over the weekend to visit Conan's brother and his family. We had such a wonderful time. Saturday was the first day of the two week long Cherry Blossom Festival held in D.C. Traditionally, on the first day of the festival, hundreds of people bring their kites to fly along the mall. So of course, we had to be a part of the fun. Cheryl made a wonderful picnic lunch for us and Tennyson brought his Batman kite to fly. We found the perfect spot right next to the Washington Monument for our picnic. It was so neat seeing hundreds of kites in the sky. The picture above just doesn't do it justice--their were sooo many kites. It was beautiful.

Tennyson flying his Batman kite.



My adorable nephew, Quinn. Look at that super cute smile!

(Sorry Cheryl and Gavin--I'm sure you did not want a photo on our blog of your mouths full of food, but it was the only one I got of the two of you together!)

Conan and Gavin had way too much fun flying the kites!

After our picnic and kite flying extravaganza, we took a walk around the tidal basin. The cherry blossoms were beautiful. I just love this picture!

And yes, during the start of our walk around the tidal basin, Asher managed to chuck the only sippy cup we brought for him (and it was brand new might I add!) into the water! Then he felt the need to wine for it back for the next 5 minutes or so. Luckily, once we started walking again, he got distracted and forgot about it. I don't know what I am going to do with this kid. He loves throwing his sippy cups every chance he gets.

My brother-in-law, Gavin, is a senior staff member to Senator Reid. Consequently, he was able to make arrangements for us to have a special tour of the West Wing of the White House. Hands down, the best part of the tour was seeing the Oval Office. I know it probably sounds silly, but it was neat seeing a bunch of President Obama's framed family photos on the table behind his desk and little things like the playground equipment he had placed just outside the Oval Office window so he can see his youngest daughter when she is playing outside. Oh, and yes, the President really does have one of those HUGE telephones with tons of buttons on it! We also got a glimpse of the Nobel Peace Prize President Obama received a few months ago. It was hanging on the wall in the Cabinet Room. Thanks so much Gavin for such a great day! We had fun touring the West Wing with you! (Photo above is of us standing in front of the White House.)

Inside the press room of the White House.

Check out these cute journalists!

Conan and Tennyson standing next to the West Wing of the White House.

Standing just outside one of the doors to the West Wing where the President often delivers brief speeches to the media/press.
5 comments:
What a fun trip!! I can't believe how big & cute Quinn is, and that Asher is a turkey:)!!! Very cool tour! I would love to go and see more stuff again, maybe some day.
I loved all the pictures- that tour does look amazing and the cherry blossoms are so beautiful.
What a fun trip! It looks like it was pretty cold...
i love the picture with the cherry blossom trees! it is so beautiful there this time of year. looks like you had a great time! grant is with asher on the throwing things into water (or garbage cans)...so irritating sometimes!
Cute pics! What a fun trip!
Post a Comment