Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Longwood Gardens

Since our stay in Philly is soon coming to an end, we are trying to squeeze in a few last day trips to some places that have come highly recommended. So, two weeks ago we visited Longwood Gardens. The flowers and grounds were absolutely beautiful, but our favorite was the conservatory. Inside were many exotic plants as well as a little garden designed just for the children which the boys absolutely LOVED! They had a blast splashing in all the water fountains too.Tennyson loved this water fountain of a dragon.

Tennyson wasn't too sure of this fountain.



I loved this stained-glass window.


The one and only picture I took of a flower (I guess I was too busy making sure Asher didn't fall in a fountain or pick a flower!)

Mmmm...honey anyone?


4 comments:

emily a. said...

i forgot to ask what you thought of longwood. glad everyone liked it. the conservatory really is awesome.

Doug and Mallena said...

It looks like a beautiful place to visit. I'm afraid we missed out on a lot of amazing places while we were there, but I guess that's what vacations are for. :)

SPENCERS said...

Not too much longer until you're outta there! I'm glad you had a good time at Longwood gardens--that place really is the best! Good luck with the move. has the ward gotten some new families in there? Hopefully there are some people to replace the great exodus. I'm excited for you to get back to family and be out west! Good luck with all of it!

SPENCERS said...

What happy boys! I want to squeeze their adorable little cheeks!