Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vegas!

For those of you that didn't know, Conan was away the entire month of June on an externship in Phoenix, AZ. In order to stay sane and to keep from going crazy, I flew out to Vegas midway through the month with the boys and stayed at my brother-in-law's house. It was a great trip! Being there with family made the countdown to Conan's return go by more quickly too. The boys loved playing with their cousins. They loved playing Play-Do and having bathtime together. We also squeezed in several trips to the water parks and to the library for storytime. We even managed to squeeze in a trip to a buffet! Always a favorite in Vegas!


Asher decided one day that he wanted to sit on the potty just as Tennyson does. So, I took off his diaper and sat him on the potty. Of course nothing came out...he just wanted to copy what his big brother does! I thought he'd be content with that, but afterwards he insisted on also wearing a pair of Tennyson's underwear. I wasn't about to let him wear the underwear without a diaper on, so I just slipped them on over the diaper and luckily, he was content with that. Maybe he will be ready for potty training sooner than I thought!? The real quesion is, am I ready for it? I think not!!! Too much work.
One day, we went to a Polar Bear/Penguin exhibit. The kiddos loved it and I sure had a great time watching them slide down the penguin slide.
Silly boys!
My niece, Jillian, cracks me up! She likes to pose like this often for the camera.
Inside the polar cave.
My boys were terrified to stand in front of this fake polar bear, but not Jilly! She's not afraid of anything!
Waz up homey???
Asher was of course able to still wrestle while on our trip! Tennyson is always such a good sport about it too. Poor kid!
More wrestling. This time Asher decided to squish his cousin.
A couple days before we left, Asher discovered this toy of Jillian's. He loved pushing the buttons to make the dog bark and walk. (Emily-sage would have LOVED this toy. We found it at Target last year...you should check them out online and see if they still have them. I kept thinking about Sage when Asher played with it!)
Ashy loved holding his baby cousin, Bennett. In fact, he'd whine and start to fuss anytime I'd try and take Bennett away.
Tennyson loved holding Bennett too.
The day Conan left to go to Phoenix, Tennyson and I made a paper chain with 30 links on it. Each morning Tennyson would tear a link off and countdown the days til Daddy came home. Here he is tearing up the last link! Yayyyyy!
Conan didn't get in until almost 10pm on the 30th, but this did not deter Tennyson from wanting to come with me to pick up his daddy! I have never seen Tennyson so hyper and so chatty. He was sooo excited to see Conan. It was the cutest thing ever! He really missed his daddy. Here he is giving Conan his belated Father's Day gift we made for him. Ashy made one too, but he was already asleep when Conan opened his gifts. Welcome Home Conan! Thank goodness you are back!!! I wasn't very good at the whole single-mom thing.
Thanks Jamie and Christian for letting us hang out with you guys for two weeks! We had a wonderful and very relaxing time.

3 comments:

dan and linds said...

I love that picture of Asher in the orange hat, too cute! I'm so glad you got to go to Vegas, it's hard having your hubby gone for a whole month! 17 days left for us. Seeing all these pictures makes me miss you guys even more! You guys are heading out next month, right? Wow, I can't believe it's actually happening, all of us moving. Sad! Have any new families moved into Pennypack?

SPENCERS said...

Looks like a great trip, Sierra--glad you got to break up the "single mommy" time. And if Asher wants to train himself on the potty, I say go for it, little guy! Sam did that- I just let him wear underwear for a couple of days, kept him off the carpets, and made several trips to the potty and he got it. Wanting to be like the big boys is a strong motivator, I guess. (And you gotta love an extra $30 a month not spent on diapers, right!) I wish I could have said goodbye to you, too, but thank goodness for technology, right!? We'll run in to you guys again sometime, I'm sure! Take care!

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm glad you were able to spend some time with family while your husband was away. Those separations are so hard. Just think, you're almost done, you're almost done, you're almost done. :) Good luck with the remaining months. When do you leave for California?