Monday, August 16, 2010

What Was I Thinking???

These were taken a few weeks ago by my friend Emily. It had been raining ALL day, however, as soon as there was a break in the storm, we took the kids outside so they could splash in the puddles. We weren't more than 50 feet from the front door of our complex when the boys discovered a giant mud puddle. Need I say more???




Run, Ashy, run!

This picture cracks me up! I love the boys' facial expressions. Tennyson enjoyed helping me hose Asher down way too much! Thanks Emily--this is one of my favorite pictures!

Then it was Tennyson's turn!
This is one memory I'll never forget. The boys had a blast playing in the mud and it was a good reminder to me that sometimes you just need to let go a little and let boys be boys. What a fun day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

we have pictures of Aaron in the mud in our backyard but he is NAKED !!!
RONI

Brittany said...

I love the boys being boys-those memories are priceless...I have to remember to let Owen just be a boy sometimes too!

emily a. said...

I miss you guys so much. There are few days that pass that I don't wish we could go for a walk together and chat while watching the kids run and play.