Sunday, December 12, 2010

Whew!! Saturday was one fun-filled, busy and exhausting day!

Our day began bright and early with Tennyson's last soccer game of the season. I am so so so proud of him! For those of you who don't know, Tennyson has spent the entire season standing on the sidelines and has not played in a single game. He was just too shy and nervous about making a mistake out there (if you know Mr. Tennyson, you know what I mean!) So most games were spent trying my hardest to nudge him out on the field. Well, last Saturday, he played for the first time ever and I missed it. I decided to stay home with Asher since not only was it chilly out, but the game started freakishly early. I was so disappointed that I had missed the game when Tennyson came running in the house excitedly telling me how he played the entire second half, did corner kicks, throw-ins, etc. He promised me that he'd play in the last game so I could watch. Sure enough...he didn't let me down. He played the entire game yesterday (except when he was subbed out), did a corner kick, and a throw-in or two. It was such fun chearing for my little guy out on the field. I'm proud of him for overcoming his fears and anxiety about the game. He stuck with it, and although later than I ever imagined, he finally got out there and kicked that ball around!
After the game, I zipped home, got dressed and headed off to the Nokia Theatre in downtown L.A. with my cousins, aunts, sister, and grandma to see The Rockettes' Christmas Spectacular. We ate brunch at The Farm before heading off to see the show.




Heidi and Grandma

My sister (Shelby), Grandma and me

Grandma and Roni

Chanel, Heidi, Carly and Grandma

smokin' hot sistas (hmmm...I don't know how smokin hot one can be when they are pregnant! LOL)

Cousins!

While I was at the Rockettes show Conan took Tennyson and Asher to Tennyson's soccer party. Tennyson was so excited to show me his trophy when I got home. He had me close my eyes while he ran off to get it. He is so proud of his trophy.

And he got to keep part of the team banner that has his name on it.

After the Rockettes and Tennyson's soccer party, we got ready and headed out to our ward Christmas party at the LA temple. We ate tasty box lunches in the picnic area behind the temple, toured the new visitors center, and then looked at all the Christmas lights on the temple grounds. They were so beautiful.

Our friends Tracy and Steve and their little ones walked around with us too. (Sorry, this didn't come out better guys!)
Christmas--California style

I'm not sure what happened with this picture, but Asher loved getting a piggy-back ride from his Grandpa Parke.

Lastly, after the Christmas party and Christmas light seeing, we headed straight to the Staples Center for a L.A. Kings hockey game. We had lots of fun with our friends. This is a picture of our friends Kaulana, Romina, Tehani, and their littlest one, Giuliana. We also met up with our friends Scott and Brittany and their kiddos. Thanks Scott for the tickets! They were AMAZING seats.

After the game, it was finally ZZZZzzzzzz time! Thank goodness. I was exhausted. Thanks for such a fun day everyone.

7 comments:

emily a. said...

That was a full day! I bet you guys are loving being all together as a family.

WAY TO GO TENNYSON! I wish we could come to one of your games too.

Your girl outing sounds so fun. Is that our matching maternity skirt you are wearing? So glad we found those- I think they are the most comfortable skirt ever.

I love the family picture, how you are wearing a fleece and scarf and Conan's just in a t-shirt. Classic boy/girl.

Thanks for your Christmas card. Our should be coming to us soon.

Darcy said...

All that in one day?! Whew, I'm exhausted just reading about it all.....you are one tough little pregnant lady Miss Sierra!!! But what a fabulous day. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Elaine said...

Cute pictures Sierra! Thank you for the christmas card too, it was so thoughtful of you.

Blair and Angela Jolley said...

What a day! Sounds like you had a blast. Congrats on the little girl! Hope we get to meet her before graduation.

dan and linds said...

Way to go, Tennyson! You must have been so proud! Wow, you guys have been having LOTS of holiday fun! I got your Christmas card, it looks so good! I put in on my fridge and it makes me happy every time I see it! BTW, your hair is getting so long, I love it! You look beautiful! (As opposed to me, when I'm pregnant, I pretty much look dead, ha!)

Doug and Mallena said...

It's so crazy looking at Tennyson playing soccer in DECEMBER on grass. :) You sure have been a busy lady. I keep thinking about this time last year and how excited I was that Doug was almost done with school. This year it's you that gets to be excited. I'm so glad you are so close to being done. I can't wait to hear where you'll end up.

Shilowe said...

What fun! I can't believe that was all in one day! That's awesome that Tennyson played soccer again. He looks so cute holding his trophy! And I had to laugh at the Christmas lights on the palm tree--that's a first for me to see! I hope you guys had a great Christmas! Happy New Year!