Saturday, March 26, 2011
Our Next Adventure--BOSTON!
We found out two weeks ago that our family will be moving to Boston around the beginning of June! Conan will be working as a resident doctor for the next three years at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Brighton (about 10 minutes from downtown Boston). This came as quite a shock to us! We were fairly certain that we'd either stay here in California or that we'd move to Phoenix, AZ or Albuquerque, NM for his residency. You can imagine the shock we were in when we realized we were off to Boston! Just when I thought I was done living in snow too!! It's funny how things turn out... Now that we are over the initial shock of moving to Boston, we are beginning to look forward to it. Conan will receive better training at this hospital than he ever would have at the three places listed above. In fact, the director of the program at the hospital he will be working at, ran the same program at Harvard for several years. Needless to say, the director has a lot of experience and Conan should receive lots of surgical and wound care training that will make him more marketable--hopefully so we can move back to California!!! LOL I am looking forward to seeing all the sites around Boston too. We made a quick trip up to Boston one Labor Day weekend when we still lived in Philadelphia and we absolutely loved it. We didn't even come close to seeing everything there that we wanted to see. As you all know, we LOVE visitors so be sure to drop us a call if you are planning a trip to Boston soon. You already have a place to stay!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you are now excited about the move. ;) Isn't it funny how life can throw such huge curves in our lives? Doug and I find ourselves wishing we could just know where we will be in five years from now. Too bad it isn't possible to know that, but I guess that would take away some of the fun (or stress). :)
Post a Comment