Friday, February 10, 2012

Chicken Scampi and Rice Bake

I made this recipe a couple nights ago and it was pretty tasty! Thought I'd share it with you.  It's incredibly easy which I like since Conan isn't home for most dinners.  It took no time to put together and most importantly, the kids loved it!  You probably have most, if not all, of the ingredients already in your kitchen! Enjoy!

Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 40 minutes

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/3 cups water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced OR 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup UNCOOKED regular long-grain white rice
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 slices lemon, cut in half

Stir the soup, water, lemon juice, garlic and rice in an 11x8-inch (2 quart) shallow baking dish.  Top with the chicken.  Cover.  Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  Stir the mixture before serving.  Garnish with lemon. Makes: 4 servings

*Since I didn't have any chicken on hand, I used canned shredded chicken breast and it tasted just as good!
  

3 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds yummy, gonna try it!

tracie said...

Thanks! I do have all of the ingredients! We will have to try this.

emily a. said...

Sounds great. I might try this tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!