Wednesday, July 25, 2012

May and June Update!

A lot has happened around this crazy household since my last post.  For starters, I had the best Mother's Day EVER this year!  Not only did I get to sleep in for as long as I wanted (a rarity in this house!), but my kiddos made the cutest pictures and cards for me, AND they brought me breakfast in bed!!  This was the first time I have ever been served breakfast in bed.  Aside from the heart attack I nearly had when the kids came thundering through the bedroom door screaming, "Happy Mother's Day!" while I was in a dead sleep, it was quite relaxing and lots of fun.  The boys made me pancakes and eggs with avocado slices.  They just doted on me the entire time as I ate my breakfast, and they constantly asked if I needed more juice or napkins (apparently they thought I was a messy eater, haha).  They loved 'waiting' on me:)  I feel so lucky to be their mom!
Mother's Day Morning
June 15th was Tennyson's last day in kindergarten! Now I have a 1st grader on my hands!! I can't get over how much he has learned this year.  Some of the highlights:  He's learned what his address and phone number are (Conan still hasn't memorized our home phone #), about symmetry and how to draw symmetrical objects, about solids, liquids, and gasses, AND, most importantly, how to READ!  He sure had one busy year!
Tennyson in front of our house on his last day of kindergarten.  (Notice those two missing front teeth?!)
 Also in June, we celebrated Father's Day!  The boys and I had planned to let Conan sleep in and bring him breakfast in bed, but instead, he had to go in to work and check on a patient that was admitted the night before:(  By the time he came home, he was wide awake and decided to pass on going back to bed (there went the "breakfast in bed" part of the plan).  So, instead, the kids served their daddy "breakfast on the couch" and spoiled him with gifts. 
Being the chocolate chip cookie lover that Conan is, I ordered him the perfect mug for all his cookie eating occaisions.  The mouth on the mug is hallowed out--perfect for holding his chocolate chip cookies while he sips his milk from it!

The kiddos made this nifty tray for Conan for Father's Day.  First, we painted the tray and then we mod-podged their handprints to the tray! It turned out really cute and Conan was quite surprised!
Happy Father's Day to one of the best dads ever!! xo
Last but not least, we managed to kick off our summer fun by going to a birthday party at Scituate Beach, here in MA.  This was Edie Girl's first time to the beach and she LOVED it!   

Sierra and Eden (Eden enjoyed sampling the sand...yuck!)

2 comments:

brenna said...

What fun mother's and father's days! Glad you had a good start to the summer :)

emily a. said...

You guys are so cute. I'm dying over Edie's adorable curls! And her strawberry swimsuit is adorable on her.