Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day-The Next Best Holiday After Christmas!

I had a glorious Mother's Day! It was incredibly relaxing.  Conan and the kids gave me 2 dozen roses the day before.

I slept in Mother's Day morning before being served breakfast in bed and showered with cards and pictures from the kiddos.  After church, Conan came home and slaved all afternoon in the kitchen.  He made homemade crescent rolls, grilled the tastiest and juiciest steaks EVER, grilled corn on the cobb and made homemade seasoned mashed potatoes.  He served all this with watermelon and a salad.  For dessert, he made a cake.  I felt so spoiled.  If only we could celebrate Mother's Day every Sunday!
(I really didn't want to post the picture of me above with the kiddos since I look half dead, but Conan said I should since all kids happen to be looking at the camera at the same time and because they were so proud of their artwork.  So...I caved.  Nevermind my frizz-ball hair and holey socks...I am too lazy to crop the picture!)
Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day too!
xo

1 comment:

emily a. said...

Glad you posted the picture- I wish I could get my hair to look like that on a good day, not just when I've woken up.

The kids do look so proud! Wow, Conan treated you right!