Monday, May 6, 2013

My 35th Birthday!

My friend, Becky (far right above), organized a 'Girls Night Out' for my 35th birthday.

First we walked around Harvard Square (a trendy shopping area adjacent to Harvard University).  We peeked inside several adorable little boutiques.  As we headed over to Harvard University, we stumbled upon this street performer.  He was quite impressive.  I snapped these pictures for Tennyson and Asher.  I thought they'd enjoy seeing them.  Asher has been eager to own his own pogo-stick, so I thought he'd enjoy the bottom two pictures especially!


Sommer-sault (no clue how to spell that) on a pogo-stick = IMPRESSIVE!

Prior to dinner, we walked around Harvard University.  Apparently if you rub the left foot on the statue behind us (I believe it is of the founder of Harvard University, but I already forgot his name!) you will receive good luck for the rest of your life.  Needless to say, I rubbed it for quite some time! If you look closely, you can tell that his left foot is shiny and gold from everyone rubbing it.

We ate dinner at 'Tanjore'--an Indian restaurant. We all ordered a dish and then shared it amongst each other.  The dish I ordered was everyone's least favorite, including myself.  It sounded good...chicken with a coconut/curry sauce.  Not good.  Everyone else's food was quite tasty.  Em--I thought of you all evening as I know you are a big fan of Indian food.  The 'pan' was the best.

L to R: Becky, Brenna, Michelle, April and me!
We ended our 'g.n.o.' with some of the tastiest, richest and creamiest hot chocolate I have ever had.  It was HEAVENLY! When we inquired if they had mint-flavored hot chocolate (my request), the cashier turned up her nose and said, "Never ask a true chocolate-teer for flavored hot chocolate!" Well, excuse me!! There went her tip! J/K
Thanks girls (and all our hubbies) for an amazing child-free evening! It was long overdue!

2 comments:

emily a. said...

Sounds like a fantastic night to me and a great way to celebrate being 35. I had to laugh when I was reading about your supper because I was thinking "Oh yum, that sounds really good." You know I love some good Indian...

Well I love ya to pieces.

tracie said...

What a great birthday! Is it just me or once you hit 30, the birthdays seem to come faster? :P Glad you had a good one!