Sunday, October 13, 2013

Eden Gets Potty-Trained, Asher Turns 5 and MUCH more!

Eden wearing a diaper for the last time! Whoo-Hoo!!!
 As soon as we returned home from our summer vacation, it was time to potty train this girl!  I knew she was ready a few weeks earlier when she kept taking off her own diaper, however, when she took off a 'messy' diaper one morning and started wiping herself off with the wipes, that was it!! It had to be done.  As much as I was dreading the potty training process (I use a 3-day potty training technique that is amazing, but sucks the life out of the parent!!) I knew we would be better off afterwards.  Eden was a breeze to potty train.  I think it helps that she has two older brothers whom she looks up to and wants to be like.  She loves her Hello Kitty and My Little Pony underwear! No more diapers in the Parke house = AWESOME!
    

Tennyson started 2nd grade. CRAZY!
I know this sounds so cliché, but really, he is getting so big!

 
We went peach and apple picking one day with some friends!



Asher started his second year of preschool.  Next year he will be in Kindergarten!
Now that is CRAZY!

After I took Asher's picture above, Eden wanted me to take her picture posed like this.

Asher's 5th birthday fell on a Wednesday this year.  His preschool teacher, Amy, made this birthday crown for him.

We celebrated his birthday the following weekend at Chuck E. Cheese.  Asher has been dreaming of a birthday at C.E.C. ever since Tennyson had his there last year.  He felt so special and had a great time with his friends.  Love this boy!

Asher with his friends at Chuck E. Cheese.

Asher and me!


L to R: Eden, Asher, Tennyson, Chuck E. Cheese, Daphne, Amelia and Lennon (hiding in the back).
 
I am a co-den leader this year for Tennyson's cub scout wolf den. We kicked off the year with a BBQ at a park.  The boys learned how to raise and fold a flag, practiced some 'feats of skill', helped prepare the side dishes for the BBQ, and picked up litter at the end of our event. 



Do you see Tennyson? He is the one sitting on the swing with everyone piled on top of him!

Some how I managed to get these out of order from the birthday pictures above, but Asher got these goodies from his friends for his birthday: a Hot Wheels race track, portable ping pong set, three new Skylanders and a new Beyblade Warrior. 

Conan and I gave him this awesome pogo stick! He wanted a 'real' pogo stick, but we thought it would end up being more frustrating than fun at his age. I found this one online, and it had great reviews.  It is perfect for a 5 year old.  He loves it!

Ever since he played with his cousin's camera in Vegas, Asher has been wanting one of his own.  He takes pictures of everything and even video-records things that we are unaware of!! He likes to sneak up behind Conan and me when we are talking, and video everything! We better be sure to keep things G-rated! haha

Remember these? When I was younger, my neighbor had a set of these that I loved playing with.  I thought Asher would enjoy a set too.  They are pretty fun!

Eden and Tennyson gave him these two Skylanders that he was DYING to have!

Oh, and yes, he HAD to have a Plasma car too! They hold up to 220 pounds...even I can ride on it!

Asher's Skylander cake.  Asher was very specific with his cake this year.  He wanted a two-layer cake (vanilla cake on bottom, chocolate cake on top) with green frosting and blue writing.
Happy 5th Birthday, Ash!! xo

1 comment:

emily a. said...

Eden's smile kills me- she's so adorable. And I cannot believe how grown up Tennyson is. Seriously, he looks so much older. And Asher is 5? What a cutie!